- 4 h private tour with English speaking licensed guide and door-to-door transport
It's a private tour, so pick-up time and date available on request. Our guide picks you up from your Warsaw hotel/apartment. Details of the meeting will be arranged via e-mail
- Visit to the sights of Jewish interest in Warsaw
Former Ghetto area, Umschlagplatz Memorial, Mordechai Anielewicz's bunker, Ghetto Heroes Monument, remains of the Ghetto wall, Nozyk Synagogue - the only pre-war synagogue in Warsaw still in use (tickets included in price) and the main Jewish Cemetery (tickets included in price)
You can extend the tour to visit the POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews (tickets not included in price - 25PLN/person)
It is almost impossible to really understand Warsaw without looking at the history of Warsaw's Jews. Before WW2 it was the second largest Jewish community in Europe with Jewish schools, libraries, theatres, sports clubs and newspapers. Famous names that lived here include Isaac Singer - the Nobel Prize winner for literature, Samuel Goldwyn – the co-founder of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer film studio or Wladyslaw Szpilman - composer and main hero of Roman Polanski's "The Pianist". In 1940, Germans opened a Jewish Ghetto where many people died of starvation and sickness, whilst the rest were taken to extermination camps where only a few survived. On this fascinating sightseeing tour we’ll show you the dramatic story of the Jews and the rebirth of the community after the turbulent times.
- On this tour you will see:
- Former Ghetto area - Umschlagplatz Memorial, Mordechai Anielewicz's bunker, Ghetto Heroes Monument, remains of the Ghetto wall
- Nozyk Synagogue (the only pre-war synagogue in Warsaw still in use)
- Main Jewish Cemetery
- You can extend the tour to visit the POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews (tickets not included in price - 25PLN/person)
Would you like to learn more about WW2?
Take our Warsaw to Auschwitz 12h tour with door-to-door transport!
- What is your cancellation policy?
For individual reservations, whenever we charge the deposit we require a 7 days notice by e-mail or phone. Changes or cancellations made after this time cause the loss of your deposit. For group reservations cancellation rules are confirmed via e-mail.
- How do I pay for the tour?
You can pay all up-front, or locally to our driver. Usually we require deposit to confirm your reservation.
- What is the pick-up time?
It's a private tour, so pick up time and date are on request. We confirm your exact pick up time just after we confirm you reservation.
- Can I take this tour in other languages?
Yes, French, Italian, German, Spanish are available on request.
- Where do we meet the guide?
Our guide picks you up from your centrally located Warsaw hotel/apartment. If your hotel is located further, we will arrange a meeting point for the tour.